The Academy for
and its co-sponsoring organizations present:
IMAGERY, SUGGESTION, AND
MIND/BODY MEDICINE: 2008
AGI’s 20th Annual Conference Webcast
Benefits of Attending
• Learn from a distinguished
faculty of outstanding experts in their respective fields.
• Hear about the latest evidence-based studies and scientific research on guided imagery, suggestion, visualization, and mind/body medicine.
• Update yourself on the latest approaches to treating stress, anxiety, acute and chronic pain, cancer, heart disease, PTSD, addictions, and other pressing health care problems.
• Attend the conference online from the comfort of your own home or office without the hassles of airports, security lines, airplanes, taxis, hotels, and other travel necessities.
• Save significant money by avoiding out of town travel and hotel costs.
• Attend as much as you can of the original webcast, and then take up to two months to log on to the conference archives to attend any sessions you may have missed.
• You may attend on any computer platform (PC, Mac) at any speed (dial-up to T1).
• Earn Continuing Education Credits for most health care professions.
• Enjoy the lowest AGI Annual Conference fees in years.
• Support this year’s Conference Webcast and its co-sponsors so we can plan to meet together again next year in person and webcast that event “live to the world.”
Overall Conference Objectives
After attending this
conference, participants should be able to:
• Utilize the results from the latest research studies to determine how best to employ imagery, suggestion, and related techniques to help diagnose and treat their patients and clients.
• Employ basic Interactive Guided Imagerysm techniques to initiate Imagery Dialogue to explore the deeper meaning of symptoms.
• Discuss how EMDR, EFT, and related techniques can be used to help heal trauma and PTSD.
• Use imagery and other suggestive techniques to help clients overcome addictions and chronic pain.
• Appreciate the power of imagery, suggestion, and the narrative story to express unique cultural components of an illness or psychological issue.
• Apply guided imagery techniques to reduce anxiety and the side effects of current medical treatments and procedures.
• Improve patient satisfaction with medical and psychological care.
• Understand how other cultural approaches to health care incorporate basic mind/body medicine principles that stimulate health and healing.